From Floridia Cheung:
Design Science Middle College High School is a Fresno Unified School District public high school, located on the Fresno City College campus in the Business Building. The school opened with 50 students in the fall of 2005 with the current enrollment of 290 students for the fall of 2022.
During the first two years, students spend the majority of their time in the Design Science Middle College High School building taking high school and selected college courses. In years three and four, students maintain a full-load of college courses. Design Science Middle College High School students work toward earning up to 60 units of transferable credit to a CSU or UC and their high school diploma.
To prepare a diverse population of students for early entrance and successful completion of college by facilitating their development of the required content knowledge, academic skills, leadership experience, and non-cognitive skills by providing highly-qualified teaching, rigorous instruction, research-based programs, and access to technology.
- Students find powerful academic and social success in environments where they feel connections.
- Students reach higher levels of achievement in smaller learning communities.
- Students perform better when engaged in meaningful work with qualified teachers collaborating on their development.
- Students’ success is linked to having ownership in their educational process.
- Students’ academic potential is reached in a non-traditional educational setting.